Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Thursday, November 27, 2008

The "Reason For The Season"

Hey there folks

I've been super uber busy this week, and haven't really had the time to sit down and communicate or blog properly (though I do have to say, I'm getting to like Twitter - it gives me the freedom to post little bite-sized thoughts as they occur to me. Check it out).

Anyhoo... today is Thanksgiving, a holiday that tends to get short shrift with a lot of people. Sure, it's an excuse for Americans (who can afford it) to celebrate excess and stuff themselves with food and drink... but there's more to the holiday than big dinners and football. I don't think I can sum up the spirit of the season quite as well, though, as Actor/ Writer/ Comedienne Ritah Parish did in a recent blog... check it out, and then think a bit about what you have in your life to be thankful for... even in this age of economic uncertainty and fraying personal relationships, there's probably more to be thankful for than you initially think.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=74416579&blogID=451537488&Mytoken=A8E4B599-1F90-4FA3-AEC10BDA09A3DB24297051752

Or, you could just go the Louis C.K. Route with things:



In any case, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a great weekend. I'll try and get you all caught up soon with what's been going on in the near future :)

Harold