Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Got Home From South Carolina Just In Time...


One of my favorite moments from last night's presidential debates:



(Somebody's "handlers" didn't prep him too well...)

One of my LEAST favorite moments:





... did McCain REALLY just make "air quotes" around the term "health of the mother," and talk about the "pro-abortion" movement?" I mean, come on... I know that the only people who are still supporting him are the right-wing fringe of the Republican party (you know, the ones at his rallies who are yelling "terrorist" and "kill him" when they hear Obama's name mentioned), but that's really beyond the pale. There is no "pro-abortion" movement, for God's sake - there are people who believe that abortion should be left up to individual choice rather than legislated, but I don't think I've ever met anyone who says "abortion? Everybody's got to get one of those!"

I know that the term "out of touch" has been used a lot... but man... really? "Health" of the mother? I was the one "dumbfounded" at that...

Oh, and you know that evil "liberal" group ACORN that McCain started off the debate hammering Obama over? He didn't seem all that anti-ACORN back in 2006... click here to find out more about that.