Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Saturday, October 31, 2009

Giggity Giggity Giggity - Gonna Be A Busy November! (Amended)


*Note: Another amendment... I had bad information about Trish's staged reading of Courtship on Monday, November 9. She's not reading the stage directions - she's playing the part of the aunt, Sarah. Sorry about that...

*Original Post:
Hey everybody... as the title suggests, Trish and I have quite a busy November ahead of us. Let me give you a quick run-down of what's ahead for us in the coming month (at this point... our schedules are ALWAYS subject to change :) ) :

>> On Tuesday, November 3rd the Portland Civic Theater Guild is presenting a staged reading of The Cemetery Club that Trish directed. Trish will be there to read stage directions and generally make sure things go according to plan... the reading takes place at 10:30 AM at The Old Church, located at 1422 SW 11th Avenue in Portland (click here for a map)... take an early lunch and come see the show!

>> On Friday November 6 and Saturday November 7th I'll be attending the What Is Film Conference I talked about in an earlier post... at least, that's the plan at this point. If another gig comes up, I may have to miss the conference - but I really hope that I can make it. Some very interesting informaton that impacts the Oregon film scene is going to be presented - if I can make it, I plan on live-tweeting from the conference. If you're a Twitter user, be sure you follow my twitter feed... and if you're not, no big deal - just follow my tweets in the white box to the right of this page.


>> Monday November 9 will see Trish in another staged reading - this time it's Courtship at Profile Theater here in Portland. She'll be reading the stage directions for this play, part of Foote's 9-play cycle "The Orphan's Home."

>> Some time that same week, I'll be shooting a scene for the Zombie-apocolypse-based web series The Last Stand - my character hasn't been seen in the series thus far (Episode 1 is online at http://thelaststandonline.com/ - take a look!), but he's a very important part of the puzzle. I'll update you with more information on this as the episode gets closer to release.

>> That same week, I'm slated to shoot a scene in Justin Koleszar's new film (currently untitled). I just play a small part in the overall story but I'm really excited to work with Justin, whose film Now Would Be A Good Time, screened at Sundance last year. I was really impressed with Justin's vision when I met with him at the audition - I think I'm going to be very happy to part of his new film.

But wait - there's more!

>> Later in the month Trish and I are both slated to shoot episodes of Todd Robinson and Craig Johnson's new internet venture, Pilot: The Series. When the series is released, you'll see both of us in familiar roles... with a bit of a twist! I can't really say too much more about it at this point, but prepare to laugh (especially if you're a fan of The Outbreak, Animus Cross, and Lady Wasteland)!

(Say, speaking of Animus Cross... did you see this new post on the Official Animus Cross blog? Looks like we'll have a teaser out on the internet by Halloween!)

>> Trish and I will also be working with Shilpa Sunthankar later this month on her new short film In The Company of Thieves. We were lucky enough to work with Shilpa on her noted short film Biography of an American Hostess a few years back, and we're delighted to work with her again! The film is a tale of crime, revenge, and the devil... great material - and knowing Shilpa's directing style, I'm sure this film is going to be a festival favorite!

>> Finally, before the end of the month some time I'll be shooting a scene in Erick Mertz's new short film First Day In The City - produced by my good friend Stewart Boyles. I've worked with Stewart several times in the past, and I collaborated with Erick on a film called The Collector which he's still developing. It'll be great to work with both these guys on this very intimate, personal short.

So... that's what's ahead for Trish and I in the coming month... along with active pre-production on Steve Coker's new web series The Episodic Adventures of Dex Dixon: Paranormal Dick, Thanksgiving, and whatever else we can find to fill our time (doesn't really seem to be a problem, does it?) So, if we don't pick up the phone when you call or respond to an email quickly... you may have an idea why :)

Hope you're all doing well, and that you have a happy and safe Halloween tomorrow!

-Harold