Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Monday, August 27, 2007

T-Minus 8 Days: Return From The Wasteland

This is how the world ends
This is how the world ends...

Hey folks... we wrapped shooting on my scenes in Lady Wasteland yesterday. It was an odd feeling taking my costume off for the last time and saying goodbye to everyone. I've spent the past couple months working intensely on this project; going over the lines, trying to tease details of the over-all story from Mark, dieting and working out... and almost every day this past week getting the scenes that will make this fantastic series come together on camera. And now I'm done.

It was incredibly odd waking up this morning and knowing that I didn't have to drive for an hour to some remote location, jump into my post-apocalyptic costume, and sit down in the makeup chair. My entire morning thus far has been a sort of fog... I don't know what to do with myself (never fear, though. My day-job clients are making sure I'm not bored. They just figured out I'm leaving in just over a week).

The people I've seen every day are, for the most part, still shooting (shooting for the entire first run of episodes wraps on Tuesday). Kyra and her mother have gone back to Eugene. And here I sit with my third cup of coffee starting the long wait as the post production team gears up to create episode one. It's a mix of fear, excitement... and a certain inner-void that I'm feeling.

Good think I've got stuff to keep me occupied... time to get packing for Europe. If I get home in time today Trish and I are heading to Triple-A to get an international driving permit. My parents and brother's family are coming down on Friday for my stepson Jesse's wedding, so we've go to get the house in shape.

Still... I find myself drawn back to the wilderness... and the Wasteland.