Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Peanuts and Popcorn (Part III): Cannes!



Hey everyone!

I just got some GREAT news from Walter Ate A Peanut director Robin Willis. You can probably tell what it's about, but just in case you haven't figured it out from the subject line, I'll let acting diety William Shatner preface Robin's email.

Now that that's over with, here's the official word:


From: Robin Willis

Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 2:14 PM

Subject: Walter ate a peanut is in Cannes!!!!


We are in! http://www.shortfilmcorner.com/sfcfilm/filmprg.aspx?name=BASE-COURT,%20UNE%20CERTAINE%20IDEE%20DU%20COURT%20!%20BY%20PHILIPPE%20CLIVAZ

And:

From: Alice KHAROUBI

Date: 2009/5/5

Subject: Amazon Short Film Contest - Short Film Corner

Dear Robin,

We are pleased to announce the selection of your film “Walter ate a peanut” among the 10th finalist for the Amazon Contest.
Best,

Alice

Alice Kharoubi
Short Film Corner - Festival de Cannes
Palais des Festivals - Niveau 01, Allée 14
Esplanade Georges Pompidou
06400 Cannes


So... wow. I mean really, WOW! Before you ask... no, I'm not going to be headed to the south of France to attend the screening. The thought crossed my mind... but my next film (My Soul To Take, written and directed by Jason and Todd Freeman) is shooting during the festival... so even if I had the money to get over there, I really couldn't.

Still, I have to say... it's pretty amazing.