Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Back In Greece (And Back On Stage!)


Howdy everybody...
One of the reasons my day got out-of-hand yesterday was the news that an actor dropped out of a staged reading Trish is appearing in for Classic Greek Theater of Oregon... and that the Artistic Director asked if I'd step in to fill the role.

So, of course, I had to read the script, look over my schedule, talk details with the director... yadda yadda yadda. That's all over and done with, though - and I'm happy to let you know that I'll be appearing as Theseus in a brand new translation of Jean Racine's classic play Phaedra.


Now, don't worry - this isn't some old moldy costume drama with people standing around in togas sawing the air and (as my old theater teacher Michael Hood used to say) laughing at jokes no one gets. For one thing, we'll be sitting, not standing... and this fresh translation by Louis Fantasia brings the issues and drama of Racine's play to modern audiences (Really! No sleeping-pill replacement here!)


I really hope you'll make the time to join us at the Shoebox Theater (2110 SE 10th Ave, Portland, OR 97214 - Map It) at 7:00 on Tuesday April 13 to check it out. I have to say, I'm really excited to be getting back on stage. I hope you'll join me!

Oh, yeah... and Giggity Giggity Giggity - awright!
-Harold

Labels: , , , , ,