Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Thursday, October 13, 2005

Congratulations, Mr. Pinter!

Hey everyone

I finally got the layout problem fixed... thanks to Blogger support pointing out to me that the way I was indenting paragraphs was probably at fault. Ah well... that's what I get for trying to be fancy.

Anyway, the title of this post refers to this news article. I can't think of a more deserving recipient of the Noble prize than Harold Pinter... his contributions to English Language (pause) Theatre cannot be (pause) overstated.

It's been a butt-kicker of a week thus far. The good news is that I got a call back on my Lakewood audition for Lion In Winter, and I think I did pretty well on my others as well.

The bad news is that I've spent almost every waking hour working or on the road... in fact, I'm hitting the road for Seattle as soon as I'm done here for a meeting with clients up there (but you probably already know about that if you read this post :) ).

I was considering staying overnight with my friends Walter and Beth, but I may just have a callback on one of the commercial auditions I did this week... so I'll be heading back down I-5 tonight after seeing Don Quixote at Book-It Rep.

Anyhoo... that's pretty much all the news that's fit to print. Oh, one more thing - Mt. Hood Rep's readers theatre season kicks off Monday with a reading of Briel Friel's Lovers. Due to some scheduling mix-ups, however, we weren't able to get our brochures out for the season before this first production. If anyone's not doing anything Monday night, come on down to Reynolds Middle School and see the show. It's a mere $7.00 (only $5.00 if you buy a season punch card), and it's a nice relaxed evening out.

Hope you're all doing well...

-Harold