Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Monday, April 03, 2006

Giggity giggity...

...giggity giggity - Awwright!

Happy Monday everyone. Did you change your clocks over the weekend?

Got some great news yesterday. I received a call from Late Bloomer Productions telling me that I've been cast in "Nickel and Dime," the short film I auditioned for a couple of weeks ago. It's a non-paying gig, but it'll be nice to get a more recent credit on my resume (and I'm starting on some new acting web sites for Trish and I, which will include video "reels" with highlights from our previous work - this'll be a nice addition). It's also very gratifying to go through the whole audition-and-callback process and actually get the job. The film shoots in a couple of weeks, and will probably be done with post-production a couple months after that. I'll keep you posted.

I'm also auditioning for a feature by Nick Hagen, a local "indie" filmmaker, on Friday. It looks like a very meaty part that's a bit older than I am... I don't think I have a chance of actually getting cast, but I am hoping to make a good impression on Nick so he keeps me in mind for future projects.

As if that weren't enough, local playwright and actor Shelly Lipkin contacted me late last week to do a part in a new play of his thats being read at ART. The play is about the venerable Shakespeare and Company book store in Paris, and it bounces back and forth between the 20's and the 40's. I'm going to be reading - are you ready for this? - James Joyce. Guess I'd better brush up my Irish dialect, eh?

Got an interesting email from my Dad yesterday, as well. He's directing a play called "The Fat Of The Land" at Blaine Community Theatre up in Blaine, Washington (near the Canadian border). One of the lead actresses had a little "complication" and dropped out of the show... on opening night! So, like any good director, Dad had to find a replacement and juggle the cast around. He ended up moving one of the actors up from a smaller part, and replacing her part with my mother, who's never been on stage in her life (well, she did play the baitone in high school). Makes me wish I didn't have In The Matter of J. Robert Oppenheimer for the next two weekends so I could get up to see her in the show. This sounds like something not to be missed :)

Tonight we're going to attend a little to-do which will include Profile Theatre's 2006 - 2007 season announcement. This is Profile's 10th season, so we'll be really interested in seeing what Jane Unger, the Artistic Director, has planned for the company. Trish is hoping that she might be able to direct one of the shows this year... we're keeping our fingers crossed.

With luck, I'll also be able to make it David Loftus' reading of Harlan Ellison's stories and poems at Grendels Coffee House (729 E Burnside) at 7:30 tonight. Ellison turns 72 today (if you can believe that).

So, that's what's been going on in our lives.... hope you're all doing well!

-Harold