Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Thursday, March 13, 2008

Theaters Are Dark Places...

A little dark humor for your Thursday morning:



R.K. Millholand, the creator of Something Positive, is a pretty sick and twisted guy... and I usually laugh out loud at his strips. So, that must make me... hm... Millholand is also an actor in the Boston area, and every once in a while the insanity of the theater world makes its way into his storylines.

Well, it's been a pretty crazy, full week. Here's a quick re-cap:

The weekend was pretty busy... I had a nice little chat with Steve Herring on Saturday when I went by his place to get my copy of the OEN Presentation Videos (they turned out great, by the way... I'll try and get a couple clips posted on http://www.haroldphillips.net/ next week). Then, on Sunday, I shot part of Walter Ate A Peanut, a festival bound short film directed by Robin Willis and produced by Kathleen Lopez. I heard later that Robin (a director who lives in Europe and works all over the world) was blown away by the talent and professionalism of the Portland actors he worked with, and is planning on bringing a few projects here in the near future.

The auditions have been coming fast and furious this week... I had a print "go see" on Monday, I had two auditions on Tuesday (one for a web video spokesperson, and one for a Planned Parenthood spot), and a third on Wednesday (for Oil Can Henry's, a local oil change shop).

Trish also had an audition for an indy that's going to be shot up in Battleground, Washington this spring, and the director was very impressed with her. If something develops on that front (and I'm expecting it will) I'll be sure to pass on the word.

Tonight we'll have our second formal rehearsal for The Outbreak, the internet Zombie movie I'm working on (no, they're not internet zombies... they're zombies. Who will appear in a film on the internet. Have to be very specific about that stuff these days...)

And travel plans are afoot... Trish and I are going to run off to Washington this weekend to see my family in the Blaine area this weekend - not for any reason in particular, other than the fact that we never know when we're going to have a free weekend these days, and we have to grab the opportunities while we can.

We're also very close to finalizing plans for our trip to Alaska this summer... looks like we'll be flying into Anchorage on the 12th or 13th, driving to Valdez on the 14th, attending the Last Frontier Theater Conference from the 14th or 15th through the 21st, then driving back to Anchorage on the 22nd to hang with some UAA Theater alum's and my good friend Kert until the 25th or 26th.

I'm really looking forward to hanging out with people like Guillermo Reyes in Valdez (for the entire list of "featured artists" expected to attend the conference, click here), and of course to going back to Anchorage after almost 10 years.

Well, that's it for now... hope you're all doing well!

-Harold