Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Morning Inspiration

Yes, I have those occasionally.

So, Trish and I have been a bit under the weather over the past couple of days. There's a cold / flu bug going around Portland, and we've been coughing and feeling generally crummy. I probably had a low-grade fever last night when I went to bed.

I always have the most interesting dreams when I'm feverish... night-before-last I dreamed that our friend Lindsay and a couple other women I knew took me to a clothing store to buy clothes for Trish, and I tried on blouses and skirts to see what they'd look like (Freudians, start your engines!). Never mind the fact that I'm, ya know... six inches taller than Trish and, like, a guy and all. Yeah...

So, this morning I woke up with the mantra from The Little Engine That Could running through my head.

"I think I can I think I can I think I can."
"I know I can I know I can I know I can."

Then, my subconcious took it a step further.

"I will."
"Will."

"You know," subconcious Me said to concious Me as I tried desperately to fade back into sleep, "in every endevour, what matters is Will. Believing you can succeed is only the first step. Deciding you can succeed, and Willing yourself to succeed is the path to making things happen."

So, that's it. Just a little first-thing-in-the-morning insight that I had today... much more interesting than the mornings I wake up with Stevie Wonder or Gordon Lightfoot songs running through my head.

Hope you're all doing well...

-Harold