Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Monday, April 21, 2008

Return From Zombie-Land

Aaaaaand... that's a wrap (sorta)!

6:00 this morning saw the wrap of principal photography on The Outbreak, the very exciting internet zombie movie I've been working on. It was a tough but very satisfying shoot... five straight nights of shooting is always tough on the actors and crew; you wrap up the day's work at dawn, go home and sleep (if you're lucky) and then get up and do it again somewhere between two and five the next day. Add to that the inevitable technical problems that crop up on any shoot, the ambitious schedule (we had a lot of very complicated stuff to get in the can in just five nights), the need to make up a horde of zombie extras (I don't know the exact number, but we must have have had over 40 zombies)... and by the end of the shoot everyone involved was exhausted.

The shoot definitely took its toll on my body... I'm involved in just about every scene in the film, so I got no nights off. The physical action plus the long hours had me hobbling my way home in the early hours of the morning.

I have to say, though, I'm pretty happy with what got caught on tape. The action sequences are going to be pretty awesome (thanks Jerry!), the zombies will look terrifying (thanks Christina!!), and everything should come together into a pretty damned wild ride. I'm so so so grateful to the creators of this film (thanks Chris, Scott, Sean and Kent!!!) for letting me take part.

Chances are we'll need to do some pick-up shots in the coming weeks, once all the footage is logged. I'll keep you posted as the post-production process continues... too tired to write more now, though :) Glad to be back!

-Harold