Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Work On This Planet Is Not Yet Done


Howdy folks

Remember that last post, where I said I'd wrapped my day's shooting for Crackin' The Code? Well... it turns out I was wrong.

Director Steve Coker had a stunt coordinator from LA lined up for a couple bits of violence in the film... but it seems that he couldn't make it up for the shoot after all. So, Steve's asked me to come on board behind the camera as fight coordinator. I had to miss last night's shoot because of previous commitment... but I'll be back on set Sunday evening to choregraph a fight between Bill (the main character, played by Jon Ashley Hall) and Alec (played by Illya Torres-Garner). It should be an intense night; the fight is one of the climactic moments in the film.

While I've got your "ear," I thought I'd mention a couple of other little nuggets of interest...

Got Impeachment? Did you know that a hearing on the impeachment of George W. Bush is going to happen tomorrow in Congress? You probably haven't heard anything about it from corporate controlled media. Click here to find out more.

Politicizing the Census? You know, I've been paying a lot of attention to census records lately... my new online video game, Ancestry.com, uses them a lot. I've been able to find out a ton about my ancestors by looking at images of census data from the 20's and 30's.

So, when I heard about this, I was pretty steamed... the Census provides a lot of valuable information to future generations about the way people lived during a period of time. Some of those people future generations may be researching could be (gasp!) gay... and even worse - they might be LEGALLY MARRIED!!!! The idea that the Census Bureau is planning on deleting the fact that people are legally married from the 2010 census is just plain wrong. You can let them know that by clicking here.

Just thought you'd like to know...

Hope you're all doing well! I'm off to an appointment or two, and then Trish and I just might go see The Dark Knight tonight.

-Harold