Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm a Bad, BAAAAD Husband!


Hi folks

A friend emailed me yesterday to point out that I didn't mention Trish much at all in my last, over-long, "what's been going on" post. I am, as the subject would indicate, a baaaad husband!

Trish has been keeping busy while I've been flying around the country. She's currently in pre-production for A Sunbeam, a play she's going to be directing for Passinart here in Portland. She's got it fully cast, and she'll start rehearsing in late February.

She's also in the process of putting together another directing gig, of sorts... one of her jobs at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine is running the college's Graduate Proficiency Assessment exams - in essence, she "directs" actors in role-playing patients for graduating students. It's a lot of work to pull this stuff together; she has to work with a lot of different schedules, interface with people in administration, assign roles and scripts to the various actors... it's a big job.

And, of course, she's busy auditioning for her next project, whatever that may be. She's been out on a couple of auditions in the past month (one for a scene with Harrison Ford and Brendan Frasier), but nothing has materialized as yet. Don't worry, though... she'll be back in front of the camera or on stage before you know it!

So, that's what's been going on with Trish for the past little bit, and that's about all the time I have this morning for updates. Have to get my invoices for the past month out, and then get packed up, put the dogs in the car, and go visit my parents. Dad's in The Penultimate Problem of Sherlock Holmes at the Bellingham Theater Guild (he's playing Watson, of course!) - there's no way I can miss that!

Hope you're all doing well... I may have some good news to share next week, if a new project I'm working on pans out the way I'm hoping it will. Have a great weekend!

-Harold