Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Another Great Free Wifi Spot

Hey everyone

Just a quick little note to let you know about another wonderful free wifi spot in Portland. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had to take Trish to a dental appointment this morning. I took my laptop along, figuring I could get some work done while I waited. A quick glance at Computer Chips Magazine's list of free wifi hotspots showed only one in the neighborhood of our dental clinic... but it's a real winner.

Harry's Fresh Deli, located at the corner of Marx and 122nd (5055 NE 122nd - here's a map) is a big, open space with nice affordable deli food and yummy coffee. The folks behind the counter are very nice, and the big windows and high ceilings help to make the place feel much more comfortable than it otherwise might. They also play real up-beat music, which works with the light from outside and the coffee to keep you humming along. If you find yourself in this part of town and need a wifi connection, I'd highly recommend the stop.

One down-side: they don't have public-use computers. You'll have to bring your own laptop or wifi device to make use of their internet connection.

Ok... I'd better go pick Trish up at that dental appointment... hope you're all doing all well!

-Harold