Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Thursday, December 08, 2005

Winter Is A Great Time For Chicken Pot Pie!

Hey guys

(note: I must still be feeling nostalgic... listening to Sting's Nothing Like The Sun as I write this. Ah, the carefree days of the 80's... "We'll be together to-niiiiiight...")

It's cold outside, and I don't know about you but the last thing I like to eat on cold days is a light salad or something weenie like that. I like me some warm, filling food when the temperatures get down under 40.

Last night I made a home-made chicken pot pie using this recipe. The Food Network's web site is an AMAZING resource for stuff like this... all you have to do is put a dish (or just an ingredient) in the search box at the top of the page, and they'll bring up hundreds of recipes. I knew that I wanted Chicken Pot Pie last night, so that's what I searched for. If you're looking for cooking inspiration, though, you can just put ingredients into the search box. For instance, I just put in Beef, then "refined the search" by adding onion, tomato, and cauliflower (just some ingredients I've got in the fridge) (no, wait, I lie... I'll have no cauliflower in any fridge of mine!! Yeeeeech!!! I just thought it'd be an odd addition to a beef and tomato recipe). Here's what the site gave me.

http://www.foodtv.com. It's a great resource for those evenings when you can't think what to make. Keep it book marked!

-Harold