Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Monday, January 22, 2007

Escape!


No... not THAT Escape; Trish and I are escaping to Hawaii this morning. I'm sititng here at Marnice in Maui.

And we really feel the need for an escape this morning... the past week has been a long slog to get to our 4am check-in time here at the airport.
Not that I've got a lot to complain about... in many ways, it's one of those "be careful what you wish for" scenarios. As our trip out of town has gotten closer and closer, we've been picking up more and more gigs to come back to.
For the next two months, I'm pretty much booked between medical role-playing sessions for both NCNM and the NIH, fight coordinating for Roads End Films upcoming From Kilimanjaro With Love, shooting two short films, and possibly working on another feature for Wild Line Films which is planning to shoot in Washington in late spring (at least I hope they're still planning on using me).
And then there's the day job... work hasn't been heavy over the past couple of weeks (which is good, considering all the theatrical work that's come up), but I did have some hanging projects that needed to be taken care of before leaving this morning. Consequently, I was cranking on web sites until about 11:30 last night (which wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to get up at 2:30 in the morning to get to the airport).
So... yeah. We're more than ready for a little escape... a chance to recharge our batteries and get ready for the long-distance run ahead of us.
Well, plane's pulling up to the gate so I'll have to sign off for now... I'll write more later (and try to post some Hawaii photos while we're there). Oh, before I forget, check out haroldhphillips.net; I finally got the video section up. You can see my Tricounty Temp Control video there, as well as the Taco Time commercial I did in 2005.
More soon...
-Harold