Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Enduring Power Of Sir-Mix-A-Lot


Who would have thought that a silly little rap about girls with big butts would become a fundamental (if you'll excuse the term) part of our culture?

Of all the songs I've posted on my MySpace profile (currently playing Salter Cane, a wonderfully dark alt-country band I came across... check 'em out at http://www.saltercane.com/), one of the most popular has been Greg Tannen's folksey version of Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back (sadly, it's not on his playlist any longer... but you can find it here).

Now I find this video, posted on Facebook by my good friend Christine... truly, Anthony Ray's timeless composition is destined to become as ingrained in the American Psyche as any of Stephen Foster's popular songs from the 1850's.

Enjoy!