Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Friends With Odds and Ends

Hi Folks

Well, today's going to be a busy day - I've got two auditions AND a rehearsal for the staged reading of Phedre' I mentioned earlier this week, plus I've got to try to get out to see Trish and my grandson's baseball game, and lift a glass to my friend Mike Prosser on his birthday after that. Like I say... a busy day!

Before I disconnect and head out to the first audition, though, I wanted to let you know about a couple of things some friends of mine have going on:

First off, for my readers "across the pond," Phil Bransom's very successful family film Trainmaster is now available in the United Kingdom under the name The Railway Grandchildren. If you're reading this in the UK, take a look at the link and bring the film home to your family - it's a great, heartwarming film - and it features some great Oregon locations and actors (like my pals Jon Ashley Hall, Mercedes Rose, Bryce Walters, Elijah Nelson, Kevin Dahlgren... and even stunt-man extraordinaire Jerry Buxbaum!)

Phil is in the process of putting the finishing touches on Trainmaster II: Jermiah's Treasure as I write this... He tells me that he's planning a cast and crew premier later this month, a Portland premier in mid-summer, and a wide release in late-summer to early-fall. Be watching for it!

If you're in the Minneapolis area, be sure to visit the 20% Theater Company at the Minneapolis Theater Gargage towards the end of the month! My friend Francesca Sanders' play CELESTE and STARLA SAVE TODD AND WIN BACK THE DAY will be playing from April 30 - May 15. If you're a theater artist in the area, drop Francesca a line through her web site (scroll down to the bottom of the page) - she'll be in town for a few days around the opening, and she'd love to meet some new people in the Twin Cities!


Finally, if you're in the Bellingham area, be sure to go see my pappa Sandy Brewer in the the Bellingham Theater Guild's production of Lawrence and Lee's Inherit The Wind. The show opened last night to a very receptive crowd, and it's already gotten a smashing review - but it only runs until April 25 and the house is sure to fill. Be sure to get out to see this before it closes!

Ok, that's all I have time for this morning... hope you're all doing well!

-Harold