Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Mixed Day

Well, yesterday was kind of a mixed bag for me... on the UP side, I had a commercial audition that I thought went pretty well (that is to say, I don't know that I'm going to get the job... I'm probably not the right age/ look/ whatever for the part. I DID, however, feel a lot more relaxed in front of the camera than in auditions past, and I felt like I internalized the part better - something I've had problems with).

The DOWN side was that Trish's sister Mary Lou had a minor surgical procedure yesterday (fixing a deviated septum in the back of her nose that was causing sinus infections and "cleaning up" after a tonsilectomy a number of years ago that left some tissue in the back of her throat) "that went a little caca" (for your Dean Stockwell fans out there). The surgery went fine, but after she got home she started to bleed huge amounts of blood. She ended up going to the Emergency room, and Trish and I drove down to Salem to help out.

They finally got the bleeding stopped around 11pm and moved her up to a ward for observation. I ended up coming home last night at about 1am so that I could be in town for another commercial audition this morning, leaving Trish at the hospital. I'll head back down after my audition to pick her up (she got maybe 1 hour of sleep last night) so she can be in town for her Fiddle on the Roof rehearsal at 4 this afternoon.

Ah... life keeps things interesting, don't it? :)