Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm HUGE in Egypt!



...Well, ok, not yet. But I will be!


Well, ok, I probably won't be huge, but I'll BE in Cairo, Egypt, in April.


Well, ok, I won't actually BE in Cairo in April... but I just got word from director Steve Coker that Crackin' The Code, a feature-length comedy I'm in, has just been announced as an official selection at the 2009 Egypt International Film Festival in Cairo this April. So I'll be there in spirit (and digitally rendered celuloid). That's pretty huge, right?


Well, ok... I just wanted to find an excuse to post an image of the Living Monolith because, you know... I'm a massive nerd (only 18 more days until The Watchmen opens! EeeeeeeeeEEEEEeeeeee!!!)

On the off chance that any of you are in Cairo in April, however... be sure to look for the festival screenings of the film! As much as I'd like to use this as an excuse to visit Egypt... I really can't afford it. Should any of you out there get to attend the festival, though, drop me a note and let me know how things went!


Meanwhile, in other news... be sure to tune into Mercedes Rose's new internet radio show The Quasi-Glamorous Life today at 1pm PST - I'll be her in-studio guest, and we'll sit down and chat about what it means to be a working actor in a small market like Portland, OR. If you can't actually tune in at 1PM, don't sweat it - an archive podcast will be posted at the bottom of the page, and you can listen to the show later. If you CAN tune in, though, please do - you can send us questions and comments directly from the site - and we may even respond to what you write live :)


And Finally... I haven't talked about this much, but our sweet little pug dog Baby hasn't been doing so well over the past couple of months... we've had her into the vet a half-dozen times, and they can't seem to figure out what's going on. She may have an issue with her kidneys, her liver, her intestines... but she's got something happening.

As tough as it is, we have to acknowlege the inevitable fact that dogs, however much we love them, don't live as long as we do. She's actually on an upswing at the moment (the vet perscribed some steroids, and they really seem to be making a difference)... but it's anyone's guess how long that's going to last.

So, with that in mind, Trish and I are adding a third dog to the family. Meet Danny: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12985867. He's a big, loveable, goofy guy who was taken in by Pacific Pug Rescue here in Portland (apparently, he was being given away in front of a grocery store - he seemed to be in good health, but there's no indication of who owned him before that. The suspicion is that he was a breeder in an underground breeding operation). Danny came over to meet us and the girls yesterday and everyone got along famously. We're planning to go pick him up this evening and start integrating him into the pack... so we may be a little busy over the next couple of weeks.

Well, that's it for now... hope you're all doing well!

-Harold