Trish and Harold's Weblog

News, information, and random thoughts from the busy lives of Trish Egan and Harold Phillips.


Friday, April 23, 2010

Journeying Towards A New World...




Hey Everyone

So, if you're a fan of Phil Vaira's or have been following the development of his new film The Fall of the New World, this is going to be old news... but in case you haven't heard:

About a week ago, Phil contacted me about playing a role in the upcoming film. He sent along the script, I read through it... and I was just plain "wowed." So, of course, I signed on!

The script is kind of hard to describe in genre terms... The film's tag-line gives you some clues - "A young heir fearfully hides his origin from a corrupted American empire." It's set in America... but it's not the America we live in today. It's set in a dark future... but it's not exactly "post apocalyptic," and it's not exactly "Sci Fi" (in the way some people would define "Sci Fi"). The main character in the film is a young actor I've been very happy to work with in the past, Bryce Walters... but it's not exactly a "kids movie."

You can see why I was intrigued by the script... and as time has gone on and I've been meeting with Phil to discuss the project, I've been even more impressed with the depth this movie has to offer. Don't get me wrong - there's action, there's drama, and there are thrills - this isn't a talky "art film" - but there's a lot going on under the surface that you might notice at first blush.

Obviously, I'm not the only one who's been impressed by this script... Phil's assembled quite a powerhouse cast, including Todd Robinson, Audrey Walker, Mercedes Rose, Jon San Nicolas and Jacqueline Gault (to name just a few). This is going to be quite an adventure!

Shooting starts in late summer... I'll keep you apprised of things as they develop!

Hope you're all doing well...

-Harold

Labels: , , , , , , , ,